|About Steven Xiarhos
Steven Xiarhos is a resident of West Barnstable and the Republican candidate for State Representative in the Fifth Barnstable District.
Steve spent forty years serving the people of Cape Cod as a member of the Yarmouth Police Department, retiring in late 2019 from the position of Deputy Chief of Police. Throughout his career, Steve attended numerous specialized training courses and is a graduate of the Babson College Command Training Course and the FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Seminar. He is the recipient of 22 various police department awards and decorations including Officer of the Year, Yarmouth Area Chamber of Commerce Person of the Year, Rotary Club of Yarmouth Vocational Service Award, Mothers Against Drunk Driving Officer of the Year, and the Barnstable County Human Rights Commission Rosenthal Award.
Steve also remains active in many charitable and civic causes. This includes, but is not limited to, the Nicholas G. Xiarhos Memorial Fund (which was created in memory of Steve’s son, Nick, who was a Marine killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2009). Currently, Steve serves on the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Iraq and Afghanistan Fallen Heroes Memorial Fund and the Massachusetts Military Support Foundation; as well as a Volunteer for Wounded Warrior Project Cape Cod Soldier Ride.
Steve Xiarhos is proud to have his candidacy for State Representative endorsed publicly by:
- Governor Charlie Baker
- Lieutenant Governor Karyn Polito
- State Representative Randy Hunt (R – 5th Barnstable District)
- State Representative Tim Whelan (R – 1st Barnstable District)
- State Representative Will Crocker (R – 2nd Barnstable District)
- State Representative David Vieira (R – 3rd Barnstable District)
- State Representative Mathew Muratore (R – 1st Plymouth District)
- State Representative Susan Williams Gifford (R – 2nd Plymouth District)
- Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe
- Barnstable County Sheriff James M. Cummings
- Plymouth County Sheriff Joseph McDonald
- Barnstable County Register of Probate Anastasia Welsh Perrino
- Jeff Perry (former State Rep. and Cape Cod Republican activist)
- Barnstable Town Councilor Matthew Levesque
- Bourne Selectman Jared P. MacDonald
- Sandwich Selectman Michael J. Miller
- Sandwich Selectman Robert J. George
- Sandwich Selectman David Sampson
- Sandwich Selectman Charles Holden
- The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) MA PAC
- The Massachusetts Police Association
- The Professional Fire Fighters of Massachusetts
- The Massachusetts Coalition of Police
- The Massachusetts Correction Officers Federated Union (MCOFU)
- The Fraternal Order of Police
- The New England Police Benevolent Association
- Bob Avila, Sandwich Resident and Owner of Captain John Boats
For more information about Steve Xiarhos and his campaign, please visit his Website, www.Xiarhosforrep.com.
About the Fifth Barnstable District
The Fifth Barnstable District in the Massachusetts House of Representatives consists of the entire town of Sandwich, plus precincts 11 and 12 in Barnstable, precincts 1, 2, and 7 in Bourne, and precinct 9 in Plymouth.
The general election is on November 3.